HiringHole Resume Writing Tips
Onboarded 10k+ Candidates
You can be the next one!
How To Write Your Winning Resume
- Aim for a 1-Page Resume. Check out some one-page resume templates to understand how best you can achieve this.
- Use The HiringHole Online Resume Builder for all hospitality jobs. It makes the process simple, easy and also saves you a lot of time. This has been created with recruiters in mind – they’re easy to read, scan, and ATS (applicant tracking software) friendly.
- Use relevant keywords to prepare a ATS-friendly resume to take maximum benefit of the ATS.
- Make your resume job specific. Hirers devote little time to reading resumes and hence your resume must catch immediate attention. You can’t get that reaction by using the same resume for all job applications. Instead, you should tailor your resume to each job ad by showing you have the exact skills and experiences that they are looking for.
- It’s important to use the correct formatting for your resume. Choose the fonts carefully. The font size is also important. Using Bold fonts to highlight special skills is always helpful.
- Use a Resume Objective or Summary. The first thing recruiters have a look at is your resume header. A good way to catch their attention is including a resume objective or summary. A resume objective is a 2-3 sentence snapshot of your professional skills and aspirations. It’s best used when you’re searching for your first job or changing careers. Also, emphasize your Job Title (make it same of similar as advertised by the hirer.
- Use a Reverse Chronological Resume Format in order to tell your professional story. The reverse-chronological resume describes your work experience in reverse-chronological order. This means describing your most recent job first and moving backward in time for every subsequent position. The format comes with a general expectation of flow.
- Pasting a photo on your resume may sometimes be detrimental to how a hirer takes an immediate decision. We suggest you avoid pasting your photo on the resume.
- Try and focus on your achievements over your responsibilities. When listing your work experiences, make yourself stand out by talking about your achievements instead of responsibilities for each position.
- Do not lie and proof read your resume prior submitting.
What Candidates Should Do To Be Successful
Highlighting Your Essential Set Of Skills
- Highlight Communication Skills such as writing, speaking, listening and negotiating must be highlighted to attract employer attention.
- Highlight Teamwork Skills (such as collaboration, honesty, communication and responsibility, etc.) are an important asset.
Do’s and Don’ts of Resume Writing
- Focus on positive results and accomplishments.
- Use templates and tables included in software.
Tips for a Successful Interview
- The impression you make on the interviewer often can outweigh your actual credentials. Your poise, attitude, basic skills and ability to communicate are evaluated along with your experience.
- You and the interviewer must engage in a conversation – a mutual exchange of information and ideas.
How HiringHole Works For Employers
Create A Partner Account
You need to sign up as a Partner before you are able to log in and register your job postings.
Post Your Jobs For Free
Once you log in you will arrive at your dashboard and then you will be able to submit all the Job postings.
Start Receiving Resumes Directly
Upon our approval, your job posting(s) will reflect on our platform and you will start receiving resumes from candidates directly.